Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com> on 2010/10/16 16:43:04 UTC

default connection timeout for distributed search

I *think* we don't currently have a connection timeout for distributed
search (i.e. the connections that solr makes to other solr servers).
We've made it configurable, but perhaps we should either have a better
default, or actually set it in the example solrconfig.xml?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: default connection timeout for distributed search

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
(10/10/16 23:43), Yonik Seeley wrote:
> I *think* we don't currently have a connection timeout for distributed
> search (i.e. the connections that solr makes to other solr servers).
> We've made it configurable, but perhaps we should either have a better
> default, or actually set it in the example solrconfig.xml?

I think we have shard-connection-timeout.
Isn't it what you are looking for?

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/

Re: default connection timeout for distributed search

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.
The connection timeout should be logically conjunctive with the time
allowed parameter, ie, make them one and the same per request?