Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2011/09/05 20:22:04 UTC

[Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Hey All,

How do people feel about the 2.9.4 code base? I've been using it for sometime, for my use cases it's be excellent. Do we feel we are ready to package this up and make it an official release? Or do we have some tasks left to take care of?

~Prescott

RE: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
To be honest, I don't remember what I did for 2.9.4g :) I'll take a look at
svn-logs.

AFAICR this was the test case

        void StopWordTest()

        {

            Lucene.Net.Store.Directory dir = new RAMDirectory();

            CharArraySet myStopWords = new
CharArraySet(StandardAnalyzer.STOP_WORDS_SET, ignoreCase: false);

            myStopWords.Add("abcd5", "abcd5");

            Analyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer(myStopWords);

            IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(dir, analyzer , true);

            for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)

            {

                Document doc = new Document();

                doc.Add(new Field("field", "abcd"+i , Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.ANALYZED));

                writer.AddDocument(doc);

            }

            writer.Close();

            IndexSearcher src = new IndexSearcher(dir);

            TopDocs topdocs = src.Search(new QueryParser("field",
analyzer).Parse("abcd5"), 500);

            System.Diagnostics.Debug.Assert(topdocs.ScoreDocs.Length == 0,
"topdocs.ScoreDocs.Length should be zero");

        }

DIGY

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.

RE: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-09-07, Michael Herndon wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig might still be away

He is back ;-)

> and I think we need his vote on the release when the time
> comes. (correct me, because I could be uber wrong).

For the release you need three +1s by Incubator PMC members.  After
voting here a second vote will happen on the general list where the
missing IPMC member votes can be collected.  Of course it will be easier
if the mentors (Benson, Gianugo and myself in this case) have already
voted.

Stefan

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.
Should we put together a quick release checklist ?

 * I know that jira 407 mentions putting out a 2.9.2 build that is signed
when releasing 2.9.4

 * We should be able to build a chm & doc website using sandcastle.    The
downside is the website that gets built now requires asp.net instead of just
vanilla HTML and I have yet to find an option that allows just HTML.
Depending on what we do with this, we would need to remove the link to the
docs in the README file inside of trunk.

* Stefan Bodewig might still be away and I think we need his vote on the
release when the time comes. (correct me, because I could be uber wrong).

If there is anything that requires work and you think I can help with in
order to get this release out the door, just let me know.

- Michael

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
What version is going to make it to nuget? 2.9.4 or 2.9.4g?

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by digy digy <di...@gmail.com>.

RE: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.

RE: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
+1 for an official release.
DIGY

RE: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
Not bad idea, but I would prefer community's feedback instead of testing
against all projects using Lucene.Net
DIGY

If you want to test it against a large project you could take a look at how
RavenDB uses it?

At the moment it's using 2.9.2 (
https://github.com/ayende/ravendb/tree/master/SharedLibs/Sources/Lucene2.9.2
)
but if you were to recompile it against 2.9.4 and check that all it's
unit-tests still run that would give you quite a large test case.

-----

RE: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.
Yeah, I looked at it as 2.9.4 has been around a while, I've been using it for a while, and I assume others have as well, and we haven't had any complaints (few exceptions).

I hope people aren't waiting for a "last call" to provide feedback. It should be continous. When it dies down, I assume issues are shaken out and things are somewhat vetted.

~P

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.
> What version is going to make it to nuget? 2.9.4 or 2.9.4g?
ooo totally forgot about nuget. we definitely need to get that setup.

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
I see. It is merely a bug fix, and we would be happy to see it in 2.9.4 too
- so we can get it from nuget instead of forking it

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by digy digy <di...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.

Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-09-06, Michael Herndon wrote:

> I can't tell if the apache git mirror is updated via scheduler or from
> commit hooks, but its generally stays close to being on par with svn.

The one at git.apache.org is updated via commit hooks, see
<http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html>.  Don't know about the one at
github either.

Stefan