Posted to c-dev@lucene.apache.org by Rolando Abarca <ma...@rolando.cl> on 2005/06/01 21:42:18 UTC

missing headers

Hi,
I'm trying to compile mod_mbox, wich needs lucent4c, but in the
mbox_search.h file, there's a reference to a lcn_init.h file, and the
configure script checks for the same file...
I got the source for lucent4c from the subversion repository, and the
lcn_init.h file is not there... (compile and install went with no
problems, also the tests passed ok)
Am I missing something?
--
Rolando Abarca M. [rabarca.arroba@dcc.punto.uchile.punto.cl]
 "Tam pro papa quam pro rege bibunt omnes sine lege."

Re: gcj-backend (was Re: missing headers)

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Rolando Abarca wrote:

> mmm... what's the difference between the gcj-backend and the "regular"
> version of lucene4c?...

The gcj-backend branch was an experiemental branch to evaluate the
feasability of using the Java Lucene compiled with GCJ instead of
reimplementing all of Lucene in C.  It's proven to be a success, so in
the next day or two I'll probably be merging it back into the trunk.

> perhaps it would be better not to use the gcj-backend in mod_mbox
> (yes, I know the last line should've been for the mod_mbox list...)

You're welcome to do whatever you want with the non-gcj code, but I'm
not planning on developing it any more.  The GCJ version has WAY more
functionality, and it's way easier to expose more of the Java version's
functionality than it is to spend the next year or so of my life
implementing it all in C.

It's currently a bit of a bumpy ride, figuring out all the build issues
with the GCJ backed version, but in the long run it's the shortest path
to actual useful functionality.

-garrett

gcj-backend (was Re: missing headers)

Posted by Rolando Abarca <ma...@rolando.cl>.

--
Rolando Abarca M. [rabarca.arroba@dcc.punto.uchile.punto.cl]

Re: missing headers

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Re: missing headers

Posted by Rolando Abarca <ma...@rolando.cl>.
ok, I think this is totally related to lucent4c:
I'm trying to compile the gcj-branch, as suggested here, and it's
failing with this:

/usr/bin/libtool --mode=link gcj  -g -O2   -o liblucene4c.la -rpath
/usr/local/lib -version-info 0:1:0  src/util/exception.lo
src/util/error.lo src/util/init.lo src/util/pools.lo src/index/writer.lo
src/search/searcher.lo src/search/index_searcher.lo
src/query_parser/query_parser.lo src/document/field.lo
src/document/document.lo src/analysis/standard.lo
src/org/apache/lucene4c/QueryParserHack.lo
src/org/apache/lucene4c/IndexSearcherHack.lo ./lib/lucene-1.4.3.jar
-Rgcj -lgcj   /usr/lib/libapr-0.la -lrt -lm -lnsl  -lpthread
libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed

I'm compiling on a powerpc (G4) with debian sarge, the jdk I have is
1.3.1, from blackdown.
thanks!
--
Rolando Abarca M. [rabarca.arroba@dcc.punto.uchile.punto.cl]
 "They have the Internet on computers, now?" - Homer Simpson

Re: missing headers

Posted by Rolando Abarca <ma...@rolando.cl>.
On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 12:48:41PM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> Yes, the current trunk of mod_mbox depends on the gcj-backend branch of
> Lucene4c, which is located at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene4c/branches/gcj-backend/

ok, thanks.

> I believe we will be merging this into trunk soon.

mm... no :-)

> -Paul

regards,
--
Rolando Abarca M. [rabarca.arroba@dcc.punto.uchile.punto.cl]
 "Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's

Re: missing headers

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.