Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gajo Csaba <cs...@cosylab.com> on 2009/10/27 11:34:15 UTC

Threads in a plug-in

Hello,

I've developed a plug-in which executes some shell commands. I would
like to run these commands in parallel with the rest of the build
process, because they don't affect the other files. So I was thinking of
creating a thread in the execute() method, starting it, and let it do
its job. The problem is this works for some time, and Maven keeps on
doing its job, but if Maven's lifecycle ends before the thread has
finished its job, then the thread will be terminated as well.

Is there a way to instruct Maven to not terminate until the thread has
finished, or at least to not terminate the thread itself?

Thanks, Csaba