Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Nutch User - 1 <nu...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 16:55:20 UTC

TestFetcher hangs

I followed the tutorial Testing Nutch 2.0 under Eclipse
(http://techvineyard.blogspot.com/2010/12/build-nutch-20.html) and ran
into a problem. The JUnit test TestFetcher doesn't complete. It hangs on
"map 100% reduce 0%". The entire output is here
(http://pastebin.com/m2XLjCTy).

At first it didn't even find suffix-urlfilter.txt as can be seen on the
line 93 of the previous output (http://pastebin.com/5tcieRXc). The
problem is probably related to Hadoop. Lines 7 and 8 may give a hint.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

Re: TestFetcher hangs

Posted by Nutch User - 1 <nu...@gmail.com>.
Oh yes, I forgot to tell that everything before TestFetcher JUnit test
went just fine. I used HSQL because of its easy installing procedures (I
don't have administrator's privileges on my workstation), and
TestGoraStorage JUnit test passed.

If my gora.properties is of interest, it can be found here:
(http://pastebin.com/shqsgXvH). As far as I know, it should be OK with
the HSQL setup I made.

Re: TestFetcher hangs

Posted by Alexis <al...@gmail.com>.