Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Uma Shanker <as...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/29 12:34:45 UTC

tomcat+Apache :: Invalid command 'LoadModule' perhaps mis-spelled

Hello
	In Redhat/tomcat3.1/apache 1.3.12
I am try ot call tomcat-apache.conf and gets:

-------
[root@uma /tmp]# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 1 of /usr/local/dev/tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not inn
[root@uma /tmp]#
-------
my tocmat-apache.conf is :
--------
LoadModule jserv_module /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so

ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

---------
mod_jserv.so is in libexec directory.

Any help

/uma
asdf834@yahoo.com

Re: tomcat+Apache :: Invalid command 'LoadModule' perhaps mis-spelled

Posted by James Ho <jh...@student.unsw.edu.au>.
Did u compile ur old apache urself?  I had that problem too, and it
turns out that Apache didn't have DSO enabled by default.
You have to enable it...it is in one of those Configuration.tmpl or
something.. (sorry I cannot tell u where exactly, as I am away from my
linux box. :) )

hope this helps

James.