Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Dmitrii Semikin <dm...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/06 15:54:25 UTC

NETBEANS-1678: Option for coloring EOL - Could someone point at similar code?

Hello  Everyone,

There is an issue: NETBEANS-1678 : Option for coloring EOL (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1678).

I prefer to have whitespace characters on, but find it annoying, that EOL is displayed with the same color as normal text - balck (too bold for me).

I woud probably try to implement this feature. So I would be greatful, if someone could point me to the place in code, where some similar coloring feature is already implemented (it would also increase chances, that it will be done :)). Also any addiitional ideas, suggestions or advices regarding the implementation would be very appreciated. I should say, that I have some idea about development for NB platform, but I am still rather inexperienced.

Thank you in advance.

Dmitrii.

AW: NETBEANS-1678: Option for coloring EOL - Could someone point at similar code?

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hey Dimitrii,

cool to hear that you want to work on it. Maybe you can find some more insights in this plugin too: https://github.com/tunnelvisionlabs/goworks/tree/master/tvl.editor.whitespace

Cheers