Posted to user@spark.apache.org by DataNut <ro...@fmr.com> on 2014/12/09 00:49:59 UTC

Error outputing to CSV file

I am trying to create a CSV file, I have managed to create the actual string
I want to output to a file, but when I try to write the file, I get the
following error.

/saveAsTextFile is not a member of String/

My string is perfect, when I call this line to actually save the file, I get
the above error.

/val csv = fields.map(_.mkString("|")).mkString("\n")
csv.saveAsSequenceFile("/tmp/mytext")/

Re: Error outputing to CSV file

Posted by manasdebashiskar <ma...@gmail.com>.
saveAsSequenceFile method works on rdd. your object csv is a String.
If you are using spark-shell you can type your object to know it's datatype.
Some prefer eclipse(and it's intelli) to make their live easier.

..Manas

-----
Manas Kar

Re: Error outputing to CSV file

Posted by Muhammad Ahsan <mu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

saveAsTextFile is a member of RDD where as
fields.map(_.mkString("|")).mkString("\n") is a string. You have to
transform it into RDD using something like sc.parallel(...) before
saveAsTextFile.

Thanks