Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Larry Lineberry <ll...@icloud.com.INVALID> on 2022/03/28 16:39:31 UTC

Lost Files

Many of my saved have recently disappeared for my Open Office software. To my knowledge I have done nothing to erase my files which include medicine files and my chechbook tabulations from previous years 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018. The way I found this problem was when I went to give a doctors office a list o my meds I couldn’t find the file.

So my question is am I completely screwed, and the list of meds can be regenerated but the check books data cannot.

I need help, advice whatever. I thought this was reliable software. How can this happen. I need answers and not some boilerplate that says and/.or solves nothing.

LL Lineberry, Jr

Re: Lost Files

Posted by Larry Lineberry <ll...@icloud.com.INVALID>.
Yes I keep it updated. The files disappeared right after a recent update. Found one in the cloud but that was all.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Lost Files

Posted by PCS <pe...@bigpond.com>.
My apologies for stating the obvious (if you are using a Mac), but if you have been using Time Machine you should be able to recover your lost files there, because TM is a backup app that also functions as an archive. Just go back to the last date before you lost the documents, i.e. select 'Enter Time Machine’ (from its icon in the menu bar) and scroll back to the required date, locate the files you've lost, and restore them. Warning: I’ve never had to do a bulk restore, I’ve only ever copied an older version of a file that I wanted to refer back to, so you should check the Apple Help to ensure you restore only what you want to, e.g. a selected folder?, without reverting other stuff to previous versions (you should be able to look up how to do that as easily as I can).

If you haven't been using Time Machine you really should start using it now, so you have access to preserved copies of files if you need them in future.

PCS

Re: Lost Files

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Re: Lost Files