Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nomer Nominus <ta...@outlook.com> on 2013/05/11 02:15:27 UTC

How to check wheter File exists or not

I need to check wheter File can be readable or not, however I don't know how to implement it in Tapestry app. If I put inside my method

 public String getPath() {
         File file = new File(article);
         if (article.canRead() || article.isFile()){
            return something
        }
        return  something
    }

I get following Unable to instantiate instance of transformed class [thatClass] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. How to avoid this issue!?

Re: How to check wheter File exists or not

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
I think you've put your service class in a tapestry transformable package
(pages, mixins, components, more ?)
In your web.xml, you specify your main application package, beneath that
package there could be (4 or 5 ?) types of special package names (tapestry
coding through convention ?):

1. Base
2. Pages
3. Components
4. Mixins
5. Services

I may have added an extra 's' or something, a quick start project should
demonstrate the packages I mean. I'm writing this because I couldn't google
the documentation page having this already written !

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi