Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Neeraj Bajaj <Ne...@Sun.COM> on 2002/02/26 00:36:16 UTC

[Xerces2] Next Release

Hi Folks ,

	We are thinking of releasing a new version of Xerces2 (Xerces 2.0.1) by
the end of this week. This will be primarily a bug-fix release for problems
reported on DOM , Schema, and EntityResolver (which raised many queries and bugs
to be filed :-) ) etc.
	This release also includes support for schema grammar caching mechanism
and a sample implementaion for the same. Support for providing location
information for schema errors has also been added.
		Recently there were few queries on using Simple Type
implementaion as separate module , we also plan to add FAQ entry for the same.

	We expect all patches to be submitted for bug fixes and commits to go in
by Feb 27th 2002.

	Does it sound, OK ? Any suggestions.

Neeraj B.
Sun Microsystems, inc.