Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Clark, Michael" <mc...@170Systems.com> on 2008/12/17 21:08:41 UTC

Promoteing SNAPSHOT to releases.

I have a problem that I assume is not unique in that we have no idea
what build will actually be our shipping product prior to releasing. We
use the standard method of RC1, RC2 ... GA

 So how do you promote a SNAPSHOT to a releases build.

TIA

Michael Clark

Re: Promoteing SNAPSHOT to releases.

Posted by Geoffrey Wiseman <ge...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com> wrote:

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/
>
> The documentation "ok" for the plugin but you should find many other
> references online when googling how to do a maven release.  Here is one
> decent one:

The upshot of which is that I don't believe Maven really supports promoting
releases per se; you can make releases and in so doing change the version,
but in order to move from "RC1" to "GA", you're basically re-releasing, not
promoting, as I understand it.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman
http://www.geoffreywiseman.ca/

RE: Promoteing SNAPSHOT to releases.

Posted by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/

The documentation "ok" for the plugin but you should find many other
references online when googling how to do a maven release.  Here is one
decent one:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/johnsmart/archive/2008/08/using_the_maven.h
tml

---