Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Armistead, Peter" <Pe...@softwareag.com> on 2001/10/29 17:32:11 UTC

Win64 build files

I would be very grateful if someone would apply the attached files to the
xerces source. The changes are made to the 1.5.2 source tree I downloaded
today.

They add Win64 build options to the Xerces lib only. It is the very minimum
required to build and run on Win64 platforms and I will send any more fixes
I make, assuming people are happy to add these.

The Win32 builds remain completely unchanged.

The resulting libraries run OK on Win64 (XP and .net server build 3541) but
are not thoroughly tested. I can supply binaries as well if these are
needed.

Thanks,

Peter Armistead

----------------------

Changes:

xerceslib.dsp has new config options: Release64 and Debug64

HastPtr.cpp:

Line 70, change (long) to (size_t):

 return (unsigned int)((size_t)key % mod);

Win32PlatformUtils.cpp

Remove __asm and set:

    return (void *) ::InterlockedCompareExchangePointer
    (
        toFill
        , (void *) newValue
        , (void *) toCompare