Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/17 20:50:33 UTC

Getting IncompatibleClassChangeError

Hi,

I'm using Apache CXF 2.5.2 and ran across this ssue.

I'm trying to run a junit test for a jax rs service and I come across this
error[1]. I'm using JAXRSServerFactoryBean to initialize my server. This
comes when I put this code in a main method and run it as well, so it's not
specific to junit.

I can run the jax rs samples fine, so I believe has to be some issue in my
class path. Is this correct?

Since there is no details given as to what class is producing this error, I
thought someone on the list can shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

[1] -

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError:
Implementing class
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.Extension.getClassObject(Extension.java:149)
at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.activateAllByType(ExtensionManagerImpl.java:137)
at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerBus.<init>(ExtensionManagerBus.java:131)
at
org.apache.cxf.bus.extension.ExtensionManagerBus.<init>(ExtensionManagerBus.java:139)
at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusFactory.createBus(CXFBusFactory.java:40)
at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusFactory.createBus(CXFBusFactory.java:36)
at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusFactory.createBus(CXFBusFactory.java:32)
at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:115)
at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:91)
at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:69)
at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:58)
at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.getDefaultBus(BusFactory.java:99)
at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.createThreadBus(BusFactory.java:165)
at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.getThreadDefaultBus(BusFactory.java:155)
at org.apache.cxf.BusFactory.getThreadDefaultBus(BusFactory.java:140)
at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.AbstractEndpointFactory.getBus(AbstractEndpointFactory.java:83)
at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.AbstractJAXRSFactoryBean.getBus(AbstractJAXRSFactoryBean.java:89)
at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:138)
at
org.wso2.carbon.eventbridge.restapi.utils.RESTUtils.main(RESTUtils.java:40)

Tharindu

blog: http://mackiemathew.com/

Re: Getting IncompatibleClassChangeError

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday, June 18, 2012 11:38:54 AM Tharindu Mathew wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>
> Thanks for the help. Any usual suspects?
>
> I compared the dependency tree, and it does not seem to clash.
>
> After searching around, it looks like maybe Neethi or wsdl4j can be the
> usual suspects. I don't have Neethi as a dependency. I do have wsdl4j in
> the same path, but they are the same version.
>
> Probably, CXF tries to bind to some "bad" version of some dependency I
> have. I will get the source for 2.5.2 and debug a bit, as this does not
> seem like a common problem.

At this location, not a common problem, no.   Not sure where to look.   It's
possible the thread contextClassLoader is bogus.   That might have an
effect.  Not really sure.

It's also something that may behave completely differently with CXF 2.6.1.
Any chance you could try that?   Quite a bit of the extension loading
changed between 2.5.x and 2.6.x and thus the error message and classloading
and such may result in different behavior.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Getting IncompatibleClassChangeError

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
I tried using 2.6, but still the same. I've abandoned this for now as it is
working for me in the real use case inside an osgi container.

Is there a way to up a osgi container with jetty to conduct some unit
tests?

Probably, that might be easier and cleaner than solve classpath clashes.

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Ted,

Posted by Ted <r6...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.