Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/03 09:39:33 UTC

[4.18][RELEASE] timeline

Happy new year to all, I wish you enjoyment wisdom health and strength in
your work and your private lives.

I wish to inform you of my plans for the coming weeks as a Release Manager:
At the moment we have
- 32 issues and
- 31 pull requests
marked for 4.18. These numbers were a bit lower end of last year and to
prevent shooting at a moving target I want to share the following.

This week, I want to create a milestone 4.18.1.0 and move any issue that
- reads as a bug report
- does not have someone assigned
- does not have a linked pull request
In addition I want to move to milestone 4.19.0.0, any issue that
- reads as an enhancement or a feature request
- does not have a pull request linked

In two weeks, on the 17th, I want to call a freeze on merges to main for
stabilization.
At the end of January, approximately on the 31st I want to release RC1.

I am open to any request for change in this schedule. There are some hefty
PRs out that I imagine everybody wants in, and you may have quick and handy
or vital fixes to add as well. Please feel free to address me on this
thread or on any DM I appear responsive on.

regards,

--
Daan

Re: [4.18][RELEASE] timeline