Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Rush Manbert <ru...@manbert.com> on 2010/08/12 20:56:38 UTC

Agitating for Thrift-676

I submitted Thrift-676 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-676) a while ago. It just moves the __isset structure definition outside the Thrift class definition. That makes it possible to wrap Thrift-generated classes with SWIG.

It's a small change, and I have submitted the patch, and we have ben using it for months, now in production. Is there any chance that it could get reviewed for inclusion in the next release?

- Rush

Re: Agitating for Thrift-676

Posted by Rush Manbert <ru...@manbert.com>.
Hi Bryan,

It doesn't change how you use the generated code at all. Old generated files and new ones can coexist.

- Rush

Re: Agitating for Thrift-676

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@facebook.com>.
I think this is fine.  As soon as I can revivify my build environment and
put it through "make check", I'll commit.

--David

Re: Agitating for Thrift-676

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
Rush,