Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <Jo...@thehartford.com> on 2003/06/13 12:23:04 UTC

Best practice development directory layout for deploying exploded war

Hello all,

My company is contemplating the idea of deploying servlet applications on
Tomcat in production. (woohoo!)

I am hoping that some of you may suggest some best practices for laying out
your development directory structure.  I have my directory structure layed
out like an expanded war file.  If I point tomcat to this directory for
expanded deployment, it makes it easy to edit/source control jsp files.  It
also makes copying/updating/deleting jar/lib files a pain.  Do people set up
a empty classes directory under the web-inf to source control their
properties files or is it better to put them in a separate directory and
copy them there?

Is the best practice to do it this way or to copy your jsp/classes/libs to
another exploded directory all together?

Best Regards,

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.