Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Bailey, Shane C." <SH...@saic.com> on 2003/05/22 15:34:11 UTC

DOCTYPE Question

I was working offline the other night and I couldn't get very far because

in my struts-config I had the URI to the apache site for my dtd.

After trial and error I found that this seemed to work:

<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC

          "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.1//EN"

              "./struts-config_1_1.dtd">

since the struts-config and the dtd were in the same directory.

Then I tried the same thing with the validation.xml file and it wouldn't

accept the "./validation_1_1.dtd".  For some reason for that file I get:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Relative URI "./validation_1_1.dtd"; can not
be

resolved without a base URI.  The validation_1_1.dtd is definitely there.

With all being the same and assuming the same parser is reading in

both files (or maybe not) why would one pass and the other fail?

I ended up leaving those lines out of my validation.xml and
validator-rules.xml.

Is the only side effect of leaving out those lines that the file doesn't

get validated?

Re: DOCTYPE Question

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
Bailey, Shane C. wrote:

>I was working offline the other night and I couldn't get very far because
>
>in my struts-config I had the URI to the apache site for my dtd.

Shane,

You probably saw that this question was just asked. The answer is to use
a nightly build.
There should be no reason to delete the DOCTYPE definition or turn off
validation.

Rob