Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Smith, Joshua D." <Jo...@gd-ais.com> on 2013/09/16 20:22:05 UTC

Disconnect between Accumulo instances seen by Zookeeper and Accumulo

What would cause a situation where Zookeeper shows Accumulo instances but Accumulo lists no instances?

Executing an ls /accumulo/instances using zkCli.sh I can see two instances listed.
Using bin/accumulo org.apache.accumulo.server.util.ListInstances I see none listed.

I'm running CDH4.3 and Accumulo 1.4.3.

Josh

RE: Disconnect between Accumulo instances seen by Zookeeper and Accumulo

Posted by "Smith, Joshua D." <Jo...@gd-ais.com>.
John-

That fixed it. Not only did each of the zoo.cfg files not contain the server.x lines, they each had the same id in their myid file. They didn't know about each other at all.

Once I read the entry on server.x in the Zookeeper Administrator's Guide (http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.2/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_configuration) it all made sense.

Thanks for the assist.

Josh

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.