Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "McRaven, Brian" <bm...@ncr.com> on 2006/08/16 20:23:06 UTC

Changing to different index.jsp from Tomcat default index.jsp

When I start my Tomcat server and link to http://localhost/ I get the
default index.jsp that comes with Apache Tomcat Server.  I want to use
my own index.jsp how do I achieve this objective?

Brian

Re: Changing to different index.jsp from Tomcat default index.jsp

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Right.  All of the jsps shipped with tomcat are precompiled to classes.
You'll have to remove a servlet mapping in webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml
before tomcat will offer up your custom index.jsp.

--David

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
McRaven, Brian wrote:
> I thought it was created in a Servlet and you had to change some
> parameters in one of the .xml files like web.xml in the ROOT directory.
> Is this correct for Apache Tomcat 5.5.17?

Yes. And the index.jsp the OP wants to replace, even contains this
information:

"NOTE: This page is precompiled. If you change it, this page will not change
since it was compiled into a servlet at build time. (See
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml as to how it was mapped.)"

Regards
  mks

RE: Changing to different index.jsp from Tomcat default index.jsp

Posted by "McRaven, Brian" <bm...@ncr.com>.

Posted by Lou Caudell <lc...@wtceng.com>.