Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Hervé BARRAULT <he...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/16 14:45:53 UTC

OSGI Fragment and Logging

Hi,

I am using using ServiceMix 4.3.0-fuse-01-00 so Karaf
<http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/Fuse+Karaf+v2.0.0+Release+Notes>
2.0.0-fuse-00-00

I have seen the following documentation :
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.2.2/users-guide/logging-system.html

Especially, the "Using your own appenders" section.

I have tried to do something like the documentation but i have an issue.

For my application i need to use the CountingQuietWriter class which is in
the org.apache.log4j.helpers package.
But it seems that pax-logging-api does not export this package.

What is the best way to import this package ?

For information (i know it is an old version) but pax-logging-api [1.5.2]
export log4j 1.2.15 packages (looking to the export-package)
and pax-logging-service [1.5.2] embeds a log4j 1.2.16 (looking to the pom)

Thanks For Answers

Hervé

Re: OSGI Fragment and Logging

Posted by Hervé BARRAULT <he...@gmail.com>.
Effectively, by forcing ignore packages, it starts working.

Thanks for the advice.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
------------------------