Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Saurabh Mishra <sa...@outlook.com> on 2012/12/12 05:40:44 UTC

Give Custom Username to Hive Output Files

Hi,
When i try to insert some data into a hive table mapped to a specific location in the HDFS, the file which gets created has user information as 'hive' and permissions as '755' i.e 'rwxr-xr-x' Is there any way to change this so that i can give my own usename or atleast the user from where i have initiated the hive client interface.Kindly suggest.
SincerelySaurabh Mishra

Re: Give Custom Username to Hive Output Files

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
you will need to use kerbrose based authentications for the same. that way
you will have authentication and clear ownership defined as well

--
Nitin Pawar