Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by martin hilpert <te...@hipposen.de> on 2004/03/18 14:10:11 UTC

httpclient dont support ö ?

Danke Ronald,

hat geklappt.

nun habe ich noch das problem das er kein Dateien mit  umlauten versenden
kann,z.b Übung1.txt

irgendeine idee das zu lösen?

gruß martin

PS: Ronald, du bist mir eine große hilfe.

Re: httpclient dont support ö ?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Sven
This is not entirely correct. One can still use
HttpMethod#setQueryString(String) to set hand-crafted query string

GetMethod httpget = new GetMethod("http://www.whatever.com/);
NameValuePair[] params = new NameValuePair[] {
	new NameValuePair("text", s)
};
httpget.setQueryString(EncodingUtil.formUrlEncode(params, "ISO-8859-1"));

Oleg

Posted by Sven Köhler <sk...@upb.de>.

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
There are two exceptions to this.  One is in the case of the URL query
string, the other is for some authentication methods.

For more on the query string take a look at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpMethodBase.html#setQueryString(org.apache.commons.httpclient.NameValuePair[])>

In the case of authentication it is a little more complicated, as it
depends on the authentication method.  Basic authentication uses
ISO-8859-1 for username and password.  Digest uses ISO-8859-1 for
username and password, but the username can really only be in ASCII,
since it is passed as plain text in the header.  NTLM only supports ASCII.

Mike

Posted by Sven Köhler <sk...@upb.de>.

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Martin,

that's probably a missing content encoding or character set
in the file part you are trying to send. This problem pops up
on a regular basis, you will find information in the mailing list
archive not too far back.

By the way, if you expect anyone else to answer your
questions, you will have to write mails in english. It's
the official language for this mailing list. I don't know
how long I can answer german mails until folks start
picking on me. It is impolite to post non-english mails
in an english mailing list repeatedly, and it may be
considered impolite to encourage this behavior by
answering.

cheers,
  Roland

"martin hilpert" <te...@hipposen.de>
18.03.2004 14:10
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"

        To:     "Commons HttpClient Project"
<co...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        httpclient dont support ö ?

Danke Ronald,

hat geklappt.

nun habe ich noch das problem das er kein Dateien mit  umlauten versenden
kann,z.b Übung1.txt

irgendeine idee das zu lösen?

gruß martin

PS: Ronald, du bist mir eine große hilfe.

For additional commands, e-mail: