Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2004/07/01 15:19:39 UTC

Re: Commons Suggestion: XsDateTimeFormat

ISO 8601, the ever-lasting problem. :-) You know how many times I've
rewritten code for this, even in several languages? I don't want to
count. That said, +1 to such a package in XML commons (or Jakarta
Commons or Apache Commons). I'm sure that there are several
implementations all over Apache (Xalan and Xerces, for example). So it
might also take a little talking to them to avoid redundancies.

On 30.06.2004 09:11:53 Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> the ws-jaxme distribution contains the following classes:
>
>      org.apache.ws.jaxme.xs.util.XsDateTimeFormat
>      org.apache.ws.jaxme.xs.util.XsDateFormat
>      org.apache.ws.jaxme.xs.util.XsTimeFormat
>
> They can be used to convert ISO 8601 compliant strings into
> java.util.Calendar objects. Obviously one could easily add wrappers that
> support java.util.Date, java.sql.Time, etc.
>
> As these are of general use (for example, they might be used in XML-RPC,
> SOAP implementations, and the like) I would like to suggest that these be
> moved to xml-commons and be distributed as a jar file
> "xml-commons-schematypes.jar" or something similar. How about that?

Jeremias Maerki