Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mike Blake <mi...@viafone.com> on 2000/08/01 01:18:22 UTC

Retting a property

Hi,

Can I  reset/change a property name once it's been set?

When I run the target below this doesn't seenm to work....

  <target name="ejb" depends="share">

  <property name="ejbName" value="SessionManagerBean" />
    <property name="ejbDirectory" value="sessionmanager" />
  <ant antfile="ejbBuild.xml" dir="${basedir}" />

  <property name="ejbName" value="AppManagerBean" />
    <property name="ejbDirectory" value="appmanager" />
  <ant antfile="ejbBuild.xml" dir="${basedir}" />

  </target>

Re: Retting a property

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 MB> Hi, Can I reset/change a property name once it's been set?

No, not in Ant 1.1. This has been one of the major changes, properties
cannot be changed by subsequent <property> constructs.

 MB> When I run the target below this doesn't seenm to work....

Rewrite this as

<target name="ejb" depends="share">
  <ant antfile="ejbBuild.xml" dir="${basedir}">
    <property name="ejbName" value="SessionManagerBean" />
    <property name="ejbDirectory" value="sessionmanager" />
  </ant>

  <ant antfile="ejbBuild.xml" dir="${basedir}">
    <property name="ejbName" value="AppManagerBean" />
    <property name="ejbDirectory" value="appmanager" />
  </ant>
</target>

<ant> has a nested <property> subelement. These properties are treated
by the subbuild just like properties you had defined on the command
line. These properties will not be available to the top level project.

Stefan