Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/05 18:53:05 UTC

Testing Harness Bug?

Hi,

If I run the mojo tests in the same project that the
mojo is in, they run fine.

If I create another project with the same setup, but
different artifactId, I get the exception pasted at
the end (xml2spec.mojo.test is the new testing project
I created.  It allows me to simulate how the mojo
works without modifying the resource directories that
a project that uses the mojo would use).

It seems like the Test Harness is reading the mojo
artifact Id from the project POM, instead of the
plugin-config.xml testing pom.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
- Ole

EXCEPTION
org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.ConfigurationException:
Cannot find a configuration element for a plugin with
an artifactId of xml2spec.mojo.test.
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.extractPluginConfiguration(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:217)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.extractPluginConfiguration(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:191)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.lookupMojo(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:108)
	at org.jpackage.test.JPackageMojoTest.setUp(JPackageMojoTest.java:27

Re: Testing Harness Bug?

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Well,

I had to fudge it a little by adding a bogus
Boolean b to avoid signature conflict,
but it seems to works fine now.  Here is the
convenience method:

    protected Mojo lookupMojo(
    		String mojoArtifactId,
    		String mojoGroupId,
    		String mojoVersion,
    		String goal,
    		File pom,
    		Boolean b)
    	throws Exception
{
    PlexusConfiguration pluginConfiguration =
extractPluginConfiguration( mojoArtifactId, pom );

    return lookupMojo( mojoGroupId, mojoArtifactId,
mojoVersion, goal, pluginConfiguration );
}

Here is are my JUnit test methods:

		// required for mojo lookups to work
		super.setUp();

		File pluginXml = new File(getBasedir(),
				"src/test/resources/plugin-config.xml");
		mojo = (JPackageMojo) lookupMojo(
				"xml2spec.mojo",
				"org.jpackage",
				"1.0-SNAPSHOT",
				"generate",
				pluginXml,
				false);

	}

	public void testMojoLookup() throws Exception {
		File pluginXml = new File(getBasedir(),
				"src/test/resources/plugin-config.xml");
		mojo = (JPackageMojo) lookupMojo(
				"xml2spec.mojo",
				"org.jpackage",
				"1.0-SNAPSHOT",