Posted to general@gump.apache.org by cdoremus <CD...@hannaford.com> on 2006/11/20 18:51:13 UTC

Re: AW: Guidance on the Pluto Portal Gump build

I am also a committer to Apache Pluto. We are still getting gump alerts on a
daily basis to the pluto-dev mail list.

As Elliot has said, these alerts are because we have an incompatible version
of castor that gump uses in a Pluto branch where we will not be upgrading
any dependancies. Can you configure gump to only go against our trunk SVN
repository? Like Elliot, I know nothing about gump, but if you give me
instructions on making this change, I will give it a try.

TIA
/Craig

Re: Guidance on the Pluto Portal Gump build

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, <CD...@hannaford.com> wrote:

> As Elliot has said, these alerts are because we have an incompatible
> version of castor that gump uses in a Pluto branch where we will not
> be upgrading any dependancies.

If there is no development on that branch anymore, then we might as
well stop building it and install it as a binary package.  I've
disabled the nag mails as a first step.

> Can you configure gump to only go against our trunk SVN repository?

We could, but since Gump and Maven 2 don't support each other (yet),
we couldn't do anything with it.  This will have to wait until Maven 2
builds are possible in Gump.

Stefan