Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/18 15:00:43 UTC

[Android Viewer]Problem with handling attchments

Hi Dan,
While I was working with attachments I found following two links.
[1] http://localhost:8080/restful/objects/TODO/L_30/properties/attachment
[2] http://localhost:8080/restful/domain-types/TODO/properties/attachment

In link [1] it tells that the format of the attachment is "string"

   - format: "string",

In link [2] its return type is

   - canonicalName: "org.apache.isis.applib.value.Blob",

 [1] is quite confusing because an attachment can not have the format of a
"string". What do you expect by putting a format attribute there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And updating domain entity properties [3] in update link you can find the
following part

   {
      - id: "attachment",
      - value: null,
      - format: "string",
      - extensions:
      {
         - x-isis-format: "string"
         }
      },

If I want to add an attachment, what should be the "value" part of
attachment. (For now it is null). Is it just url of the file or byte stream
of the raw file?

And just to know, what is this "x-isis-format"?

[3]http://localhost:8080/restful/objects/TODO/L_30
--
Regards

W.Dimuthu Upeksha
Undergraduate

University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Re: [Android Viewer]Problem with handling attchments

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hmm, well I think that's a mistake.  There's quite a lot in the spec about
attachments as a way to handle blobs, and (as you've seen), it isn't
implemented.  So I reckon that should say "no" for "blobsClobs".

Dan

Posted by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.