Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darren Hall <dh...@utrs.com> on 2006/09/19 17:38:25 UTC

cannot load jdbc driver??

Great - not only is the connection pool not working locally, but the drivers
cannot be loaded in my production environment.

I've packaged ojdbc14.jar into my war and it deploys into my WEB-INF/lib
directory. When Tomcat 5.5 starts up and I point a browser at my
application, I get a "Cannot load JDBC driver class
'oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver'" error.

I thought this should be automatic. My connection pool (as seen from my
connection pool thread) references the oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver and the
driver seems to reside in the ojdbc.jar file AND that jar lives in my
WEB-INF/lib folder on my server under my deployed app. Where am I going
wrong??

Thanks,

Darren

[more info]

java: version 1.5

server os: solaris 10

tomcat: version 5.5

Re: cannot load jdbc driver??

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
ojdbc14.jar needs to be in common/lib to be visible to tomcat's database
pooling mechanism.

--David