Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Prerna Manaktala <pr...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/22 21:13:37 UTC

Query regarding hadoop

Hi
I tried to run the command bin/hadoop on command prompt but
couldnt.Then I downloaded ant as given in the FAQ.
I was successful in doing
ant -l build.log -Dtest.output=yes test-contrib

but how should I run bin/hadoop using this ant?
I am working on the EC2 of Amazon,wanted to run bin/hadoop -ec2 run.
How should I proceed?

Thanks
Prerna

Re: Query regarding hadoop

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Mar 22, 2008, at 1:13 PM, Prerna Manaktala wrote:

> but how should I run bin/hadoop using this ant?
> I am working on the EC2 of Amazon,wanted to run bin/hadoop -ec2 run.
> How should I proceed?

I would actually suggest starting a single node cluster to gain
familiarity first. From the hadoop release directory, do:

% bin/hadoop-daemon.sh start namenode
% bin/hadoop-daemon.sh start datanode
% bin/hadoop-daemon.sh start jobtracker
% bin/hadoop-daemon.sh start tasktracker

Take a look at the map/reduce tutorial for more details of how to get
started.

-- Owen