Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dawid Nel <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/11 17:06:41 UTC

Problem with page nunbering

Dear Apache,

I'm using Open Office Writer for 2 years now and is very pleased with it.
I just recently ran into a strange proglem.

Page numbers used to work 100% if I insert a footer and then chose Page
Number from the dropdown menu under Insert>Fields.  Now all the sudd1en,
instead of showing the numbers 1, 2 etc, it litterly shows the words Page
Number on every page!  I tried to uninstall and re-install, but the same
problem.  I tried to reset the Templetes to default, but the options they
gave on Google and the options infront of me in Open Ofiice itself,
differed...

Can you please tell me what I should do now?  I mean, I can't write my
writings as a student without correct page nubers...

Kind regards,

Dawid Nel

Re: Problem with page nunbering

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:06:41 +0200
Dawid Nel <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Apache,
>
> I'm using Open Office Writer for 2 years now and is very pleased with it.
> I just recently ran into a strange proglem.
>
> Page numbers used to work 100% if I insert a footer and then chose Page
> Number from the dropdown menu under Insert>Fields.  Now all the sudd1en,
> instead of showing the numbers 1, 2 etc, it litterly shows the words Page
> Number on every page!  I tried to uninstall and re-install, but the same
> problem.  I tried to reset the Templetes to default, but the options they
> gave on Google and the options infront of me in Open Ofiice itself,
> differed...
>
> Can you please tell me what I should do now?  I mean, I can't write my
> writings as a student without correct page nubers...
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Dawid Nel

/View /Field names

--