Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ajit Raj <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2007/06/13 22:44:42 UTC

illegal character: \64 error when built using jdk1.4

Hi,

I got an illegal character: \64 error for the following statement

 @InjectMeta
     ^

and @Persist
          ^

etc when I switch from jdk1.5 to jdk1.4 to compile the project which is using tapestry 4.0.

Could anyone let me know where the issue is?

Thanks,

Ajit
Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_wlmailtextlink

Re: illegal character: \64 error when built using jdk1.4

Posted by Yann Ramin <at...@stackworks.net>.
Annotations don't exist in JDK 1.4. You need to use JDK5 or stop using
annotations.