Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com> on 2004/03/02 05:03:28 UTC

[OT] Applet communication with web app

Quick question:

Given an applet that is part of a web app, what is the usual (best/easiest?)
technique for said applet to communicate with the server and vice-versa:

1. Handle the socket stuff itself and open a connection with the server
2. Use RMI
3. Other?

Re: [OT] Applet communication with web app

Posted by Thad Humphries <th...@mindwrap.com>.
We use HTTP/HTTPS.  Our application is a web frontend to a document management
a workflow system (http://www.mindwrap.com).  As such we move both text and
binary data between applets and the server, calling both servlets and JSPs
depending upon the requirement.