Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Diedler <ad...@tecracer.de> on 2009/04/08 12:34:33 UTC

Best Practise Apache + Tomcat + Multiple Hosts

Hello,

Is there are a small how-to to configure a hosting server with multiple
Tomcat Contexts?

e.g.:

http://www.test1.de  -> Tomcat Context /test1

http://www.test2.de -> Tomcat Context /test2

.

Greetings

Alexander

Re: Best Practise Apache + Tomcat + Multiple Hosts

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
André Warnier wrote:
> Alexander Diedler wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there are a small how-to to configure a hosting server with multiple
>> Tomcat Contexts?
>>
>> e.g.:
>>
>> http://www.test1.de  -> Tomcat Context /test1
>>
>> http://www.test2.de -> Tomcat Context /test2
>>
> You could do worse than searching the users-list archives, here :
> http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user
>
> Other than that, I think that just creating adding different <Host ..>
> tags is probably what you are looking for, and in each making the
> corresponding webapp into the ROOT webapp.
> Look this up here :
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html
> and here :
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo
> look for "How do I make my web application be the Tomcat default
> application ?"

Don't forget
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

Mark

Re: Best Practise Apache + Tomcat + Multiple Hosts

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.