Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Novotny <JD...@lbl.gov> on 2001/09/04 19:21:05 UTC

tomcat 3.2.3 confusion with mod_jk/ajpv13

    I want to use the latest stable release of Tomcat with support for
SSL and Apache, so I've downloaded 3.2.3. Reading the docs, I find that
mod_jk is intended to be an eventual replacement for mod_jserv and has
better support for SSL.

    However, I see no mention of Ajp13 in my server.xml file and reading
the mod_jk howto it claims I should add

<RequestInterceptor

className="org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Ajp13Interceptor"
            port="8009"/>

to my server.xml. But when I startup Tomcat, it fails with a class not
found error. Looking deeper into webserver.jar I find 3 Ajp13 files:
org/apache/tomcat/service/connector/{Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java,
Ajp13ConnectorRequest.java, Ajp13ConnectorResponse.java}, but I have no
idea how to add the appropiate entry in server.xml. Am I to guess that
Ajp13 isn't ready for primetime with Tomcat 3.2.3 or is the mod_jk
document in desparate need of an update??

    Thanks, Jason

--
Jason Novotny               jdnovotny@lbl.gov
Home: (510) 610-8360        Work: (510) 486-8662

Load balancer problem

Posted by Jim Handwerk <ji...@jhandwerk.com>.
Hi all,

I'm running Tomcat 3.2.3 standalone (and also have tried 4.0b7, since I need
to go there for logging anyways), and was having no problems at all with a
99% servlet system (statically serving about 20 images).  Then we installed
a load balancing switch and now I'm getting a HTTP 400 error when it tries
to retrieve the images.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, cause I'm
fresh out.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: tomcat 3.2.3 confusion with mod_jk/ajpv13

Posted by Thad Humphries <th...@mindwrap.com>.
Add instead

        <!-- Apache AJP13 support. Added IAW

http://jakarta.apache.com/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html
          -->
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
       value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8009"/>
        </Connector>

Jason Novotny wrote:

>    I want to use the latest stable release of Tomcat with support for
>SSL and Apache, so I've downloaded 3.2.3. Reading the docs, I find that
>mod_jk is intended to be an eventual replacement for mod_jserv and has
>better support for SSL.
>
>    However, I see no mention of Ajp13 in my server.xml file and reading
>the mod_jk howto it claims I should add
>
><RequestInterceptor
>
>className="org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Ajp13Interceptor"
>            port="8009"/>
>
>to my server.xml. But when I startup Tomcat, it fails with a class not
>found error. Looking deeper into webserver.jar I find 3 Ajp13 files:
>org/apache/tomcat/service/connector/{Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java,
>Ajp13ConnectorRequest.java, Ajp13ConnectorResponse.java}, but I have no
>idea how to add the appropiate entry in server.xml. Am I to guess that
>Ajp13 isn't ready for primetime with Tomcat 3.2.3 or is the mod_jk
>document in desparate need of an update??
>
>    Thanks, Jason

Thad Humphries               "...no religious test shall ever be required
Web Development Manager       as a qualification to any office or public
Phone: 540/675-3015, x225     trust under the United States." -Article VI