Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Franz Garsombke <fg...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/01 02:28:28 UTC

Re: [m2] Tools for automated deployment of repository artifacts?

Thanks Jason.

I actually took a different approach and publish my artifacts to a Proximity
repository server. From there I was able to tie into their framework and
have fully automated deployments right through their web interface.

I built a few pieces of my own but it works nicely with their foundation.

Take care.

Franz

Posted by Franz Garsombke <fg...@yahoo.com>.
We were really striving for complete build and deployment automation.

We use continuum for our builds. Part of the build process is to deploy an
assembly with our application and JBoss domain to the proximity server. From
there, we can browse the repository and select any previous builds. After
selecting the build it will be copied (through scp)  to any number of remote
machines, shutdown the app server, deploy new code, and start the app server
up. We have completely cut out any manual tasks (besides two button clicks).
We also have enabled our testers to deploy new code when they want.
Previously, developers owned the magical and mystical build/deployment
process. A fully automated build and deployment takes around 6 minutes. I
will be glad to open this discussion in one of the forums listed below.

Thanks

Franz Garsombke

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <t....@gmail.com>.
Hello,