Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "tesmai4@gmail.com" <te...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/04 18:01:07 UTC

Custom user web interface for Solr

Hi,

My search query comprises of more than one fields like search string, date
field and a one optional field).

I need to represent these on the web interface to the users.

Secondly, I need to represent the search data in graphical format.

Is there some Solr web client that provides the above features or Is there
a way to modify the default Solr Browse interface and add above options?

Regards,

Re: Custom user web interface for Solr

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Unless you secure Solr instance well, you should not be exposing your
Solr directly to the client. Anyone who can see Admin UI or /browse
handle can also delete all your documents. I am mentioning this just
in case.

So, you usually need a middleware that maps your requests to Solr.
Either with something with spring.io Solr Data (somewhat restricting
but easy to start) or other ways.

Still, the other part of your question is whether it is possible to
Solr several distinct fields and have it compose corresponding
queries. I've done similar things for contact database using Switch
operator, which made the middleware embarrassingly simple. You can see
the configuration for that:
https://gist.github.com/arafalov/5e04884e5aefaf46678c

Regards,
    Alex.
----
Solr Example reading group is starting November 2016, join us at
http://j.mp/SolrERG
http://www.solr-start.com/

Posted by KRIS MUSSHORN <mu...@comcast.net>.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Velocity+Search+UI

You might be able to customize velocity.

> Have you checked out the /browse handler? It provides a pretty rudimentary
> UI for displaying the results. It is nowhere close to what you would want
> to present to your users but it is a good place to start off.
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 11:32 PM tesmai4@gmail.com <te...@gmail.com>

> My search query comprises of more than one fields like search string, date
> field and a one optional field).
>
> I need to represent these on the web interface to the users.
>
> Secondly, I need to represent the search data in graphical format.
>
> Is there some Solr web client that provides the above features or Is there
> a way to modify the default Solr Browse interface and add above options?
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Regards,
> Binoy Dalal

Binoy Dalal

Re: Custom user web interface for Solr

Posted by Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com>.
See this link for more details =>
https://lucidworks.com/blog/2015/12/08/browse-new-improved-solr-5/

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 12:02 AM Binoy Dalal <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you checked out the /browse handler? It provides a pretty rudimentary
> UI for displaying the results. It is nowhere close to what you would want
> to present to your users but it is a good place to start off.
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 11:32 PM tesmai4@gmail.com <te...@gmail.com>

> My search query comprises of more than one fields like search string, date
> field and a one optional field).
>
> I need to represent these on the web interface to the users.
>
> Secondly, I need to represent the search data in graphical format.
>
> Is there some Solr web client that provides the above features or Is there
> a way to modify the default Solr Browse interface and add above options?
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Regards,
> Binoy Dalal

Binoy Dalal

Re: Custom user web interface for Solr

Posted by "tesmai4@gmail.com" <te...@gmail.com>.
Dear Erik,

Thanks for your reply.

A month wise bar graph of the popularity of a hotel from search results.
These graphs will be generated from the search results and will be
displayed on an on-demand basis.

Regards,

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.