Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by praveen3450 <pr...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/03 19:34:23 UTC

ESB to connect mainframe and execute a Job

Is there any way in servicemix ESB by which i can connect to Mainframe and
run Mainframe commands to execute a Job file. The Job file will be a
configuration file at ESB Layer. The process goes something like this;
1)Store the file attached in one of the directories in ESB.
2)Connect to Mainframe using the command FTP 159.xxx.y.zz [IP]
3)User id : [UserID]
4)Password : [Password]
5)Enter command quote site filetype=jes
6)Enter command PUT PATH\TEST.JCL

Please can anyone help in this regard.

Re: ESB to connect mainframe and execute a Job

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
I don't think there is currently a way to submit a site command, but
everything else is easy.  It would be trivial for you to extend the
FtpSenderEndpoint to allow sending site commands.  I am not sure how to do
this in a generic way (before or after putting files, how many commands,
etc) so you may be best off creating a custom component from the Ftp
component.

If you get that part to work, you will basically set up a FilePoller to
watch for the file, then use your custom ftp:sender to upload the file and
run the site commands.

Chris