Posted to users@maven.apache.org by narayan dhumale <sh...@rediffmail.com> on 2006/07/25 07:29:35 UTC

Help!checkStyle [m2]

Hi, I want to build the project with Checkstyle(where Java coding conventions are applied) using maven 2.0.3.Please suggest me the wayout

Re: Help!checkStyle [m2]

Posted by Janhavi Phirke <ja...@gmail.com>.
Add following in your pom.xml :

  <reporting>
      <plugins>
          <plugin>
               <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
          </plugin>
     </plugins>
  </reporting>

Re: Help!checkStyle [m2]

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 05:29 +0000, narayan dhumale wrote:

> Hi, I want to build the project with Checkstyle(where Java coding conventions are applied) using maven 2.0.3.Please suggest me the wayout

You want the maven-checkstyle-plugin of course :-)
  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/

Do you want a checkstyle *report* as part of your *project site*, or do
you want to fail the build if code doesn't pass checkstyle rules?

For reports, add the maven checkstyle plugin in the <reporting> section
of your pom.xml.

http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-model/maven.html#class_reporting

I haven't done the build side myself, but here's an example from the
checkstyle plugin tests that I think is demonstrating this..
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-checkstyle-plugin/src/test/plugin-configs/check-plugin-config.xml

Regards,

Simon