Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2020/10/12 22:25:54 UTC

Ignite license checker rejects MIT-licensed files

Igniters,

I was adding a missing license header to some sources that were included in
our repository and found that the license checker rejects the MIT license (it's
compliant with Apache 2.0
<https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a>). Take these files
as an example that are protected by the MIT license but rejected by the
license checker:

   -
   https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/ignite-13574/docs/_sass/rouge-base16-solarized.scss
   -
   https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/ignite-13574/docs/_plugins/asciidoctor-extensions.rb

All the checks pass if to set the "addDefaultLicenseMatchers" setting of
the license checker to "true". Presently, that setting is "false":
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/ignite-13574/parent/pom.xml#L806

Does anybody know why the "addDefaultLicenseMatchers" parameter is set to
"false"? I would go ahead and change it to "true".

-
Denis

Re: Ignite license checker rejects MIT-licensed files

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Alright, I've enabled the default license matcher for our license checker
as part of this work:

-
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.