Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sasi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/24 12:21:48 UTC

Need help for Spark-JobServer setup on Maven (for Java programming)

Dear All,

We are trying to share RDDs across different sessions of same Web
application (Java). We need to share single RDD between those sessions. As
we understand from some posts, it is possible through Spark-JobServer.

Is there any guidelines you can provide to setup Spark-JobServer for Maven
(for Apache Spark - Java programming).

We will be glad for your suggestion.

Sasi

Re: Need help for Spark-JobServer setup on Maven (for Java programming)

Posted by Sasi <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Abhishek. We are good know with an answer to try.

Re: Need help for Spark-JobServer setup on Maven (for Java programming)

Posted by abhishek <re...@gmail.com>.
Frankly saying I never tried for this volume in practical. But I believe it
should work.

Posted by Sasi <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by abhishek <re...@gmail.com>.
Ohh...
Just curious, we did similar use case like yours getting data out of
Cassandra since job server is a rest architecture all we need is an URL to
access it. Why integrating with your framework matters here when all we
need is a URL.

On 30 Dec 2014 14:05, "Sasi [via Apache Spark User List]" <
ml-node+s1001560n20898h12@n3.nabble.com>  wrote:

> The reason being, we had Vaadin (Java Framework) application which
displays data from Spark RDD, which in turn gets data from Cassandra. As we
know, we need to use Maven for building Spark API in Java.

> We tested the spark-jobserver using SBT and able to run it. However, for
our requirement, we need to integrate with Vaadin (Java Framework).

Posted by abhishek <re...@gmail.com>.
Hey,
why specific in maven??
we setup a spark job server thru sbt which is easy way to up and running
job server.

Posted by Sasi <sa...@gmail.com>.