Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> on 2007/03/30 21:06:35 UTC

Re: confluence

Jason van Zyl a écrit :

> On 30 Mar 07, at 10:49 AM 30 Mar 07, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> While you make plenty of valid points about Contegix, it's completely
>> unrelated to what I'm arguing for.
>
> How is starting to move things away from Contegix, which is you
> suggestion, not related? The subsequent argument would then be made that
> we already started this process so why not move the rest. Of course it's
> related.
>
>> If you are successful in bringing them in to the ASF infrastructure as
>> you've proposed, it should be a no-brainer to move a cwiki space to
>> that infrastructure. So that's a non-issue as far as this discussion
>> is concerned.
>>
>> We're better off on cwiki than where we are now. We have no admin
>> privileges (I'm currently locked out of editing the CONTINUUM space)
>
> Did you ask? I asked Ben for JIRA privs and that took 5 minutes.
>
>> , and the setup is not conducive to deploying into the Apache site.
>> cwiki is already running the stuff we need. People I trust recommend it.
>>

> The stuff is a plugin which can be installed in any Confluence instance.
> So that's not an onerous task.
>
>> We've wanted to do this for months, and this is an avenue that
>> actually makes it easier for us - I continue to suggest we take it.
>>

> I'm simply not in favour of moving anything away from Contegix. Taking
> the output from the export plugin and scp'ing it to people is not hard
> either.

If Ben is ok to install the plugin and if we can manage the scp to people, it's ok for me. But I don't know how we'll can manage it, we don't have shell access to codehaus.

Emmanuel

Re: confluence

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
There are some issues with autoexport, you guys might want to take a
peek at the HokeyPokey's exportspace command:

     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/hokeypokey/trunk/

Its still a work in progress, but it basically exports a space via
xmlrpc and applies a velocity template and then does some massaging
of urls.  Currently the massaging is hardcoded... the rules need to
be externalized.  And the multi-space exporter needs to be hooked up
too.

But, the idea is to have a regular cron job execute the exporter
using templates and resources that are checked into svn, which makes
it easier to manage and allows for better oversight of template changes.

And by using this method pages with dynamic tags (like include or
jiraissues, etc) will also get refreshed.

Anyways... its a work in progress, but worth a look if you are just
getting started.

--jason

Re: confluence

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.