Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Greg Darby <gr...@ramelec.com.au> on 2002/01/17 01:48:01 UTC

Apache Virtual Hosting

Hi All,

I am having a little bit of trouble with thr configuration of Virtual Hosts
and cgi-bin on my current Server.

It has 3 independent websites running from the same box which are working
fine. I have given each there own cgi-bin (for formmail.pl).

What i want to do is to seperate totally the scripts in the cgi-bin so they
can be independently modified to suit the user. Currently the cgi-bin
scripts are being read from /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin from all 3 sites and
not from there own cgi-bin,s. I have tried adding the alias path to each
site which kinda works but an error message "The requested method POST is
not allowed for the URL /cgi-bin/formmail.pl." The permissions are set
correctly and the scripts as above.

Can anyone kindly advise what i have to do in the httpd.conf file to fix
this?

This is what i already have:

<VirtualHost 192.168.10.2>
DocumentRoot /www/joeblogs/htdocs
ServerName www.joeblogs.com.au
Alias /cgi-bin /www/joeblogs/cgi-bin
</VirtualHosts>

Regards,

Greg

Greg Darby
Systems Administrator
Ramelec (SA) Pty Ltd
2 Ontario Ave Panorama
South Australia  5041
Tel: +61 8 83742100
Fax: +61 8 83742102
_______________________

RE: Apache Virtual Hosting

Posted by Greg Darby <gr...@ramelec.com.au>.
Thankyou very much for your kind help Joshua and Andrew. By adding the
ScriptAlias line to the httpd.conf file all is now working well.

Regards,

Greg

Hmmm... I recommend you find another source for cgi scripts.  That one is
notoriously buggy and a huge security problem.
http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/ might be a good place to start, although I
haven't tried them myself.

> Alias /cgi-bin /www/joeblogs/cgi-bin
Just make that a ScriptAlias rather than an Alias and it should work.

Joshua.

RE: Apache Virtual Hosting

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.