Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl> on 2012/03/07 09:11:35 UTC

Node joining / unknown

Hi there,

I'm currently in a really weird situation.
- Nodetool ring says node X is joining (this already takes 12 hours, with
no activity)
- When I try to remove the token, it says: Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Token not found.
- Removetoken status = No token removals in process.

How to get that node out of my cluster?

With kind regards,
Robin Verlangen

Re: Node joining / unknown

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:37 AM, aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> 2) Stop the node. Try to get remove the token again from another node. Node
> that removing a token will stream data around the place as well.

A node that has never fully joined doesn't need to be removed (and
can't.)  Just shut it down and it will go away after a minute or so.

-Brandon

Re: Node joining / unknown

Posted by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl>.
It seemed that one of the other nodes had trouble with a compaction task.
The C node was waiting for that.

It's now streaming all it's data into place.

Thank you all for your time!

2012/3/7 <ig...@4friends.od.ua>

> just run "nodetool compactionstat" on other nodes.

>>> immediately. Note: am assuming QUOURM CL otherwise things may get
>>> inconsistent.
>>> or
>>> 2) Stop the node. Try to get remove the token again from another node.
>>> Node that removing a token will stream data around the place as well.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>>   -----------------
>>> Aaron Morton
>>> Freelance Developer
>>> @aaronmorton
>>> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>>>
>>> On 7/03/2012, at 9:11 PM, R. Verlangen wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm currently in a really weird situation.
>>> - Nodetool ring says node X is joining (this already takes 12 hours,
>>> with no activity)
>>> - When I try to remove the token, it says: Exception in thread "main"
>>> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Token not found.
>>> - Removetoken status = No token removals in process.
>>>
>>> How to get that node out of my cluster?
>>>
>>> With kind regards,
>>> Robin Verlangen

Re: Node joining / unknown

Posted by ig...@4friends.od.ua.

Re: Node joining / unknown

Posted by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl>.

2012/3/7 <ig...@4friends.od.ua>

> Maybe it wait for verification compaction on other node?

Re: Node joining / unknown

Posted by ig...@4friends.od.ua.

Re: Node joining / unknown

Posted by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl>.