Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Abhinav (Cognizant)" <Ab...@cal.cognizant.com> on 2003/05/15 11:21:44 UTC

Clear my Confusion......Form Beans .????!!!!!

I type a url in browser address bar to invoke a JSP.
1. The form action of this page is mapped to a bean. This bean is created before the page is loaded in the browser.
2. This page is submitted to another action.
3. That action is also mapped to a bean.
 4. When submitted(step 2), bean of step 1 is created once again.
5. reset of this bean is called.
6. bean of step 3 is created.

Scope of all beans are specified as 'request'.
 I have put log statements in Bean Constructors and reset methods.
I want to know why is the reset method called even though a new bean is being created.

Thanx,
Abhinav

Re: Clear my Confusion......Form Beans .????!!!!!

Posted by Nagendra Kumar O V S <na...@ikigo.com>.
HI,
struts  will call the reset , irrespective of being created a new bean or
reusing it. it  gives a chance to initialize the variables
probably , struts developers feel this the right place always to
initialize/reinitialize

nagi