Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Henrik Berg <he...@ifi.uio.no> on 2003/05/13 12:15:06 UTC

Removing an object in a 1:1 relation

Hi!

Say you have a class A, in which you have a pointer to an object of
class B:

class A {
      B b;
}

What I would like to happen, is that if I have an object a of class A,
and say
a.b = null
I would like the object previously referred to by a.b to be deleted
from the database...

Is this in any way possible...?

--
Henrik

Re: Removing an object in a 1:1 relation

Posted by Henrik Berg <he...@ifi.uio.no>.
Henrik Berg <he...@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> What I would like to happen, is that if I have an object a of class A,
> and say
> a.b = null
> I would like the object previously referred to by a.b to be deleted
> from the database...

Or, at least, that the link between a and b is removed, that is,
a.b_id is set to 0 or something.  That shouldn't be too hard, should it?

--
Henrik