Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jolanta Krawczyk <jk...@apollo.int.pan.wroc.pl> on 2002/04/29 20:35:10 UTC

log4j.properties.xml: problem with include an additional xml file

Hi!

I use tomcat as webcontainer on linux system/Redhat
and log4j as a logger for java-aplication.

log4j.properties.web.xml is my properties file for log4j and it functions
well.

But I want to put some parts of this file into another xml file, I
named "include.xml".

My log4j.properties.web.xml looks like:

********
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd" [<!ENTITY include SYSTEM
"file:./classes/include.xml">]>
<log4j:configuration debug="true">

  &include;
</log4j:configuration>
********

and it does not function.
The file include.xml is not really included.
I do not get any parse error, only the lines from include.xml are missing in
my log4j.properties.web.xml.

Does anybody use such construction?

Jola