Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Bert Verslegers (Mobile)" <be...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/06 14:37:49 UTC

filterring special chars

Hello,

Is there a way to block special chars like:

An 'A' with a tile '~' above it?

With kind regards

Re: filterring special chars

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
Block?  No.  Detect?  Yes.  SA doesn't block, that is up to something else
based on the score from SA.

If you have obfuscated drug names and the like there are a lot of rules
around to handle that.  Matt's antidrug.cf is a really good place to start.
SARE has a bunch of rules for obfuscated this-n-that.

        Loren

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 02:37 PM 10/6/2004 +0200, Bert Verslegers (Mobile) wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Is there a way to block special chars like:
>
>An 'A' with a tile '~' above it?

Just looking for a special character is likely to false positive on every
binary attachment. However, if you have specific words, you can use the
character expansions I use in antidrug (which SA 3.0 uses as a part of it's
default rules).

For example, for "A" I use "[a4\xE0-\xE6@]" with the [\xE0-\xE6]
representing the various accented versions of "A". 4 and @ are thrown in
there for good measure.

You might want to check the character expansion notes at the top of
antidrug.cf for others:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mkettler/sa/antidrug.cf