Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Feltham <Da...@viant.com> on 2001/07/30 15:06:59 UTC

XSL Taglib
problem

Hi

I'm using the XSL tag library and I'm having problems with the <br />
tag. When I include a <br /> tag in the stylesheet and use the tag to
process an xml document the <br /> tag is turned into a <br/> tag (i.e.
without the whitespace). This means that I get problems when trying to
display the page on macs using netscape because the tag is not
recognised. The text just runs into the other lines.

Is this a bug with the tag library, and are there any suggestions on how
to work around it?

Thanks

Dan

Re: XSL Taglib
problem

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
This sounds like an XSLT thing. You could try wrap your <br> tags inside an xsl text

<xsl:text>
    &lt;br&gt;
</xsl:text>

James