Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Pittman, Michael" <mp...@harris.com> on 2017/04/06 15:24:10 UTC

[ApacheDS] ERR_732 Cannot process a Request while binding

Hey Guys,

I'm seeing this error in my apacheds logs: ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler] - ERR_732 Cannot process a Request while binding

I'm also seeing these errors when I try to run a modify request:

ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplSearchListener] - Failed to write to the consumer 3 during the event MODIFY on entry
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2017/04/06 12:56:00 | [12:56:00] ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplSearchListener] -
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2017/04/06 12:56:00 | org.apache.mina.core.write.WriteToClosedSessionException

Basically I have a bunch of ApacheDS servers replicating with each other. It seems like maybe when one of the servers goes down, then the other servers continue trying to bind to it and then throw the ERR_732 when I try to run a Modify request on one of the servers that are up and running?

I'm not sure if this is an accurate assessment of what is happening. Any ideas on what may be going on? I can provide any additional info that you guys need.

I am currently on version M21

Thanks,

Michael Pittman
Software Engineer